Municibid makes Inc 5000 List for Fourth Straight Year!
I wanted to take an opportunity to thank you and let you know that Municibid, for the fourth straight year, has been named as one of Inc. 5,000’s fastest growing privately held companies in the United States. You are a major factor in the success we have been able to achieve.
We could not be where we are today without the support and trust of our customers. Thank you for allowing us to earn your business and for your continued support.
This year has been a wild ride to say the least. Constant changes in the marketplace has kept our team busy and innovating to keep your surplus moving out the door. Here are some of the areas where we have been able to help sellers like you take advantage:
It’s an extraordinary time to sell surplus vehicles…
As the new vehicle market suffered from a shortage of chips and the used vehicle market skyrocketed, we encouraged governments and schools that now was the time to sell your vehicles – be it ambulances, police cars, trucks, or RVs – tools, heavy equipment, electronics, and building supplies – that have been too often in low supply and expensive.
And it wasn’t only used cars and trucks that were impacted. The demand for RVs to go out and connect with the outdoors was so high that used RVs were selling for more than when they were brand new!
Through our community building, we connected skoolie, campulance, and fire engine lovers to the school buses, ambulances, and fire trucks they needed to fulfill their dreams of independence and travel. See how a former police officer turned a bus into an RV for a trip to Disney.
More on microchips…
The shortage of chips not only affected the car market, but has created massive setbacks in the supply chain for IT equipment. In the past 18 months, we’ve helped sellers sell more computers, tablets, printers, phones, and more, than ever in the history of our company.
Where sellers used to sell individual items or small lots of IT equipment, we have been now helping sellers move large pallets, helping it land in the hands of local businesses, school districts, and more.
Keeping up with the demand for new construction…
The shortage in the housing supply has created a historical high for the demand for new homes. This coupled with delays in supply chain and increases in prices for raw materials and equipment has given birth to what feels like a once in a lifetime opportunity for the sale of government surplus materials and equipment.
From lumber, to trailers, to backhoes, and more, we’ve been helping sellers monetize these assets with final sale prices that have been earth shattering.
To keep up with demand, here are some of the improvements that we have made for you this year:
- In April we launched our Facebook Shop to share our items with even more people. We’re promoting auction items daily on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- We launched an enhanced verification process to make bidding even more secure. This process uses both two-step authentication and the verification of a government issued ID.
- Wondered how government surplus is being used? We found out in our Share Your Story 2021 contest! From the most unique to most mundane items, it’s true that one person’s trash is another’s treasure.
As we look to the remainder of this year, here are a few things you can expect to see from us:
- We’ll be bringing more personalized recommendations to bidders so auction items get more attention, more bids, and sell for more!
- We’re making big improvements to our website for further enhanced security and speed that we can’t wait to tell you about!
- We’re investing in new automation tools to help streamline internal processes and make your auctions experience even more efficient.
I thank you for your business and appreciate your support as we continue to work hard to make Municibid the best online government auction platform for you. The journey ahead looks bright and we look forward to continuing to share it with you.
Founder and CEO